Geschiedenis van Antwerpen Welkom op het forum van het FelixArchief

Belgian Refugees in Lancashire

Stel hier uw vragen over Antwerpse burgemeesters, heiligen, je voorouders,....

Belgian Refugees in Lancashire

Berichtdoor Darwenman » 27 Jan 2015, 15:34

I am researching the Belgian refugees who found homes in Darwen, Lancashire during World War 1.

I trying to contact descendants of the following. I would be grateful for any help.

Jules Grosjean: He died and was buried in Darwen in 1919, aged 65. He was the director of Beliard and Co, Antwerp. He arrived in Darwen in 1914 with his family, Mons and Mme Leon Grosjean, Mons and Mme Charpentier, and their two children Jules and Leon, and Jules Grosjean, an orphan whose father was killed whilst fighting with the Belgian Army. Mons.

I have an image of his grave and headstone and will be happy to send copies to anyone interested.

Felix Emile Van Den Broeck: I would also like to make contact with descendants of Felix Emile Van Den Broeck of St Pieters Lille near Antwerp. In 1918 Felix married Maud Keown in Darwen. At the time of the marriage Felix was a munitions worker living in Darwen. It is possible that he had been an injured soldier who had been carried for a Moss Bridge Hospital, Darwen. His was the son of Louis Van Den Broeck, a farmer who had died by the time of the marriage. Maud was the widow of a British soldier who had been killed in the Battle of Mons.

I hope someone can help.

Tony Foster

Darwenman

» Terug naar Bekende en minder bekende Antwerpenaren